This role is to support the “Skills Support for the Workforce” (SSfW) contract. This contract is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF). This role is aligned to support one of the following LEP regions;
• Birmingham & Solihull LEP region
The purpose of the fund is to provide training solutions to local employers and support employed individuals aged 19+ to enhance their skills and advance their career prospects.
The purpose of the role is to develop relationships with SME’s that result in business focused training across the specified LEP sectors. The Personal Business Adviser will identify and develop new sustainable long term business relationships, identify business and training needs and develop employer focused solutions. These are likely to be aligned to key growth sectors: advance manufacturing, cultural buzz, media, construction, health & social care, education, engineering etc.
• Generate and attend sector specific SME appointments to complete a detailed Business Needs Analysis with key decision makers, identifying current and emerging SME training and business needs
• Identify a local network of contacts who can support SME’s with business solutions and act as a broker initiate these contacts
• Achieve your weekly and monthly targets, as detailed in the Skills Support for the Workforce budget
• Where necessary, to understand an employer’s requirements, Personal Business Advisers will undertake work/business shadowing, to develop the best fit training solution
• Build and maintain SME sector specific business specific pipeline, whilst managing SME expectations
• Complete weekly and monthly reports for the Personal Business Adviser Manager
• Attend LEP/SME/Chamber of Commerce/Sector Skills Councils networking events to build rapport, generate leads and promote the Skills Support for the Workforce programme
• In line with NCG and ESF requirements, maintain accurate and detailed SME and client records for the programme
• Prepare and deliver presentations to local stakeholders (e.g. local authorities)
• Provide a trusted, professional and knowledgeable service to SMEs, and acting at all times as a credible ambassador for Intraining
The following are Standard responsibilities for all positions within Intraining:
• Participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying and meeting of training needs for self and others.
• Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
• Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all activities.
• Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
• Comply with all Intraining’s policies and procedures at all times
• Intraining is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and promote this commitment.
Close Date: 10 Sep 2013